Listing of visiting scientists
You can download a listing (in french) of the researchers visiting our department during the academic year :
Procedure prior to visiting our department
You need to fill out :
- an application form.
- the professional activities form. Please join a list of publications during the last four years.
- the form "Annex II".
- a photocopy of your passport.
- original bank information complete (bank account, IBAN, CODE SWIFT, Routing Number...)
In addition you need an
- employment certificate : please join an official employment certificate or a letter from the chairman of your department that specifies the date you were hired. It should also state that you are employed until at least the end of the year during which you are visiting our Department. This certificate should be on a headed notepaper, stamped, dated and signed by the head of your department. You can download here an example of an employment certificate.
Depending on your nationality you might need a visa. In that case, we shall send you a "Protocole d'accueil" (an official invitation letter form the President of the University of Rennes) which will allow you to get a scientific visa from the French consulate. This might take some time, so please send off the completed application form well in advance.
- If you plan to stay only for two weeks you will still be considered from an administrative point of view as invited part time for a whole month. So you need to get the scientific visa for at least 1 month covering your real stay at Rennes.
- Please be aware that you will not receive a pay check until after the period of your stay.
- The administration of the University will not process any incomplete application form.
You can also download an emploiment certificate
Please send all forms to :
Université de Rennes 1
Secrétariat de l'UFR Mathématiques
Bâtiment 23, Bureau 033,
35042 RENNES Cedex (France)